Friday, December 23, 2005

Milk

As you all know (at least those of you who read regularly), we have been weaning Sam at a slow pace, pushing the night weaning and allowing him to pace the daytime weaning. Well, over the last few weeks the one nursing we had (first thing int he morning) has been dwindling. This morning Sam awoke at 6:30 a.m., early for him and patted me gently on my shoulder and said, "Mama" and then made the milk sign. I dutifully and happily lifted my shirt so he could nurse. He looked at me and latched on for a "gratis suck" and then said, "no, Mama" and pointed to the kitchen and made the milk sign again.

So, there you have it, I have been officially replaced by Silk's vanilla flavored soy milk! I do think that by the first day of 2006 we will be completely weaned. It is a little sad for me, but at the same time welcomed. I had hoped to tandem nurse a little, especially with Sam's one quick morning nursing. I think that I am not making much milk at all anymore. When he is thirsty he wants the soy milk and when he wants comfort he gets that in hugs and kisses.

It has been just over 3 months since we first began the night-time weaning.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails