Monday, December 4, 2006

December Baby

I know, the title is misleading...still no baby, but he'll be a December baby now! Last night we thought it was time...I had contractions 8 minutes apart for 3 hours. We called the midwife and the doula and I was mentally preparing myself for an all night labor...when around midnight the contractions faded.

I thought at least I'd get a "good" night's sleep (as good as you can get when you're this pregnant)...but I have a nasty head cold and so I didn't sleep much at all.

Sam is going to play at a friends house this afternoon for 3 hours and I am going to rest and meditate and talk to this little boy. Perhaps, after suggestion from a good friend, a deep meditative talk is all he needs to know it is okay to make his arrival. I am willing to try just about anything. Tonight is a full moon...I have the universe on my side now.

Though only 2 days overdue, I know what it is like to wait for an overdue baby and the thought of waiting another week is disheartening.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails