Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Bend in the Road

We've seem to hit a bend in the road with this pregnancy....I am feeling so much better the last two days! 

I think I found my "prescription" for getting going in the morning....without the puking and nausea:

Though my psyche wants to sleep away the first trimester, I actually feel better if I get up and start doing things.

I take a Zofran at 5 a.m. then eat part of a granola bar before I get out of bed; eat breakfast with a cup of tea immediately; (now here's the key) as soon as I am done eating I need to get up and start doing things. 

It worked yesterday and so far today I feel pretty good! I also didn't nap yesterday, but I rested. The key to the afternoons is light snacking pretty constantly! I slowly ate a handful of grapes, then a couple carrot sticks, then some hummus while I fixed dinner (Yes, I fixed dinner!)....

I am just hoping that this pattern keeps up. I feel happy today and I felt happy yesterday, too. I am also really beginning to get excited about the baby! With both Sam and Arlo's pregnancies, I felt excited from day one, despite the nausea.
With the *REAL* surprise of this one, it has taken some time to adjust to the entire concept and now that I am feeling a little better, at least capable, my perspective is much brighter....

2 comments:

karen said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better, and finding what works for you! I'm excited about this baby of yours, too.....sending all good thoughts for happy, productive, feel-good days!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear it!
xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails