Monday, December 19, 2005

Travels

It seems as if since we had Sam, we have been taking a trip to one end of the country or the other every 4-8 weeks. I am tired! We just returned from a trip Kansas for Matt's Ph.D. graduation ceremony. It was a wonderful trip that allowed closure for both Matt and I to our 4 very hard years in Kansas. We also were able to spend some amazing time with friends that we have realized, since leaving, we love so, so much.

We stayed with my dear friend Tara and her family. I love Tara so much. It seems that she and I are so often onthe smae page of life and if I ever feel that I need to talk to someone with common threads, she is the one I turn to. She just completed her doula training and is getting busy with clients fast. Her outlook on life is so inspiring and it is important to me that my dear friends are inspiring. We talked for hours in to the nights (I should say mornings...like 3:30 a.m.) and I LOVED it! Seeing her kids so grown up and playing with Sam was so very important.

I also visited with another dear friend, Laura and her family, along with most of the moms I grew to love and need while I lived in Manhattan. Returning to Wenatchee was sad, but also so nice.

We hosted a Holiday party on Saturday night and I came down with a nasty cold early last week....so needless to say, the drinking I did Saturday night put me under the table and I am feeling it still today!

Sam did well travelling as he has grown accustomed to it...though he was quite tired too as you can see from this photo taken the day after we returned on our grocery outing! We all need to rest now before Santa arrives this weekend.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails