Monday, June 12, 2006

Yellow-Jackets and Dreams


On Sunday we were heading out of the house to run some errands and I stopped at the garbage bin to dump some things. I accidentally dropped my car keys down into the can and needed help retrieving them. Matt came to help and I stepped back to give him room and stepped directly on a yellow-jacket nest! I was immediately stung a minimum of 5 times ( I can see at least 5 swollen spots) and it hurt!! I haven never been stung by yellow-jackets, by bumble bees many times, but this was much more painful! I screamed and ran into the house. Matt followed and we poured cold water on the stings followed by witch hazel. The witch hazel helped relieve the pain and the swelling. Today I am fine, just a little itchy. YUCK!

Over the weekend I did not sleep well due to a number of horrible dreams including two very vivid dreams that I gave birth to a stillborn. Both dreams I gave birth in the living room and I woke crying. The third dream I had involved Sam and Matt's parents and a trip to have our ultrasound. I abandoned Sam and he wouldn't look me in the face in part of the dream. It was a long and detailed dream, too long to write, but I think it has to do with being a little nervous about our ultrasound in a few weeks. When I was pregnant with Sam in the week before our ultrasound for him, I had numerous awful dreams including one that I can still vividly remember where he was horribly deformed. I know the dreams are normal, but it doesn't make them any easier to handle!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails