Monday, March 26, 2007

9:33 - 9:37 pm

Arlo took a late nap this afternoon/early evening. So, I knew that he would be up a little later tonight, but we were watching a family movie so I felt like it would be nice. Around 8:30 pm I could see he was ready for bed, yawning, rubbing his eyes...you know the signs. I rocked and nursed him...it was so sweet. He looked up at me and smiled with his rosy cheeks and nose. He looked like a little cherub baby with his blues eyes sparkling....mmmm. This is why I love nursing him to sleep.
I set him down in his co-sleeper and quietly left the room. Over the next hour I helped get Sam ready for bed, brushed his teeth, cleaned the kitchen, and convinced Sam that it would be ok for Daddy to put him to bed. At 9:33 pm, Arlo woke up with painful gas. Here is what went through my head in the following 5 minutes:

9:33 ~ Oh, my poor sweet boy. I'll burp you...pat, pat, pat...uuururuurrrrrp...ok, all better now, let's get you back to sleep.

9:34 ~ Why are you still whining? I just burped you...I really need you to go back to sleep...mommy needs a break!

9:35 ~ Uuuuuuurururup...ah, yes, there you go. Why are you still whining? I can't believe we actually want to have a third baby, and go through this again? Could I even go through this again?

9:36 ~ Oh, his eyes are closing. That's it sweetie, go back to sleep...wow, that was a quick change in mood. He looks so sweet sleeping there against my breast. What a beautiful boy. I love him so much. I love you Arlo.

9:37 ~ There you go sweet boy, back in bed. Ah, yes, I can see why we'd do this again...what a sweet baby I have, sleeping so softly.

1 comment:

Tara said...

LOL! That is exactly how my mind works too! Thanks for capturing it. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails