Wednesday, March 7, 2007

How Can You Not?

Here are some "how-can-you-nots" (um, yeah, I think I made that phrase up...):

How Can you Not....

  • Love babies! They are so sweet and cute (listen to me, am I a new mother or what?)...but seriously, they are! I love being in this baby stage in my life. I can completely understand why people (especially women) keep wanting and having babies. I understand now why my mother always told me to have more babies. "Have more babies, Amanda. I always wished I'd had a third." I don't know how many times I have heard that from her...even on her deathbed. Having two children has made so much in her life more relavent to me and Matt and I have decided to let nature take it's course and not go back to any birth control when my cycle returns. Arlo is only 3 months and I am already thinking about another baby! A dear, dear friend just announced her third pregnancy and I am so excited for her. I can learn from her so much...as I did watching her with her first two. (Love you, T!)...okay, small time-out while I stop to find our baby backpack....which leads me to the next one....
  • WEAR YOUR BABY! One question sums it all up.....how would you get anything done if you didn't wear your baby? I am not even mentioning the incredibly bonding that happens while you wear your baby...I could go on all day.
  • Love reading to your child! I read to Sam three different times today totalling about an hour and a half of reading. He loved it and I had a great time.
  • Watch American Idol and like it just a little bit! I have become very interested in the pop culture of American Idol and really enjoy the singing (most of it anyway)...a good guilty pleasure.
  • Have a drink after the day I've had? What a day! A very challenging day...I think I totalled about 2 hours of my enitre day so far without wearing a child...and at one time I was wearing both! A strange fog has settled over Sam and he is so needy lately....Arlo as well, so that leaves me with a sore back, and some great bonding time with my kids.
  • Nurse your baby. I have been enjoying my nursing time with Arlo. I can sit down and rock in chair, look at his eyes and his sweet smile when we're done. I love the security he seems to feel while all snuggled in next to me. I still love it despite my drastic dietary changes!
What are your "how-can-you-nots"?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails