Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Socks...a Labor of Love


A father-son project....I started knitting Matt's socks (the grey and red striped, if it isn't obvious) while pregnant with Arlo. I finished one sock while still preggo and the other while in the hospital with my mother. Sam was fascinated by the project and asked for a pair "just like Daddy's" only he requested them to be red. So, here you see the final results. They have been completed for some time now and I am currently knitting another pair of socks with this great cotton/rayon blend yard I found at a yard sale. It is very irregular and is turning out to knit a great texture. I may actually keep these...well, we'll see. I have a hard time keeping the projects I knit. I always find a soul that is worthy of a beautiful hand knit gift...

2 comments:

karen said...

Love the photos! I was going to email or call to discuss our sock projects...I'm finally doing the heel flap, what fun to learn something new. You inspire me...they look great!

Queen of Scatterville said...

beautiful socks! I want some... hate knitting socks.... hate them.. You get one done and then you have to do another! On that note I have all of my first Weasley sweater done but one sleeve, and of coarse my knitting needles have gone missing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails