Saturday, January 26, 2008

Twenty Things I like: A List.

  1. Sledding with my family on a Saturday afternoon.
  2. Trader Joe's "2 Buck Chuck" Merlot wine in large quantities.
  3. Watching my 14 month old son walk naked across the living room floor.
  4. Hearing my 3 1/2 year old son tell me I am his best friend (along with his brother).
  5. Watching movies I borrowed from my library for free.
  6. Hearing from my sister that she got her dream job (working for the America Cancer Society).
  7. Learning that a close friend is pregnant by surprise when she didn't think it would ever happen, but really, really, really wanted it to happen.
  8. Hearing my kids singing in the bath.
  9. Nursing my baby in the afternoon with no sleep expectations.
  10. Reading to Sam.
  11. The rare passionate kisses I sometimes steal with Matt in public.
  12. Watching the snow fall by candlelight at dinner per request of Sam.
  13. Knitting and watching the Gilmore Girls.
  14. Folding diapers and watching the Gilmore Girls.
  15. Walking in a light snowfall in the afternoon when the city sounds quiet.
  16. A nice lavender shea butter lotion when my hands are very dry.
  17. Watching Arlo sign "bath time" with the sign that Sam invented and taught to him.
  18. Laying in bed at night with my boys asleep, watching movies with Matt, the electric blanket on and knitting.
  19. Listening to Matt play guitar, especially when he has either just written a new song or mastered a new Ray LaMontagne song...(he just figured out how to play "Be Here Now" and I love it!)
  20. A hot shower, all alone without worrying that either boy is going to wake up, get hurt, or break something.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda. It was so nice meeting you today. I just talked to my son and dil and indeed, they do know Zondra. It's an amazing world when it only takes two degrees of separation to get to people in common, and the commonality is Antarctica! Speaking of commonalities...I love the Gilmore Girls too. I've got you blogrolled and bloglined now, so I'll be back.

tracy_a said...

You said it - what a great list to look at on a rough day. And what great photography. It was nice meeting you today - hope you don't feel stalked!

handknitter said...

Hi Amanda! Thanks for joining us this afternoon. I hope we'll be seeing a lot more of you!

Your dog isn't a Shiba Inu, is he? I can't quite tell . . .

handknitter said...

Oh. handknitter = Sarah (the last one you met -- I know there were other Sarahs!)

Tara said...

Who's pregnant? Anyone I know? (Insert nosy grin)

Beautiful list. We should all do that.

Thinking of you this week! (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

Beautiful list mama :)
xoxo

Gelita said...

Hi Amanda. You don't know me and I don't know you, but i'm really impressed about your list. I love the things you do and hope that I could make it something like it, someday =)

You'r a supermami

Related Posts with Thumbnails