Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Outta Touch

I have been a bit outta touch with the travels and house demo....please just know that I am still here plugging along with life. Matt's mom, Pat (just know that is who Pat is from now on), is here helping with house stuff and kid care....THANK YOU PAT!!!! I don't know how we would have done this without her here!
Our days have been going like this:

Morning: 
Matt and his mom leave around 8 am and Matt drops Pat off at the new house. She has been cleaning (I mean scrubbing) the new kitchen cabinets among other things.

I hang with the kids, run Lowe's errands, and do whatever else needs to get done at the rental house.

Noon:
We all converge (even Matt) at the new house and we have lunch and then work as a team until the kids can't take being in our construction zone any more. Then Pat takes them to the rental and plays, cleans, cooks, does laundry (everything, basically). Matt and I plow through at the new house until dinner.

Evening:
Matt and I eat with the boys and Pat and hang out for a bit. Then we return to the house until about 11:30 pm. Pat takes the evening shift, bathing and putting the boys to bed.

We are all very tired at the end of the day....which is why I have been outta touch!
We are getting closer to being ready to paint and I'll post pictures after it is all done! Whew!

3 comments:

karen said...

Wow! I'm proud of all of you. How great that Pat is there to help and that you and Matt get the chance to work on things together in the afternoons and evenings. It is not an easy process, and what a great thing that you can do it while you are still in the rental and not moving in! Thanks for taking the time to post more info for us! Whew! Remember to take deep breaths!

Anonymous said...

I know that it seems like a crazy lot of work now but you will be so happy you got it outta the way and you didn't have to do it while living in it later! It sounds like you guys are getting a ton done!

Laura

Anonymous said...

Sounds like progress! :)
I'm so glad that you have the rental for this process!

Related Posts with Thumbnails