Friday, July 18, 2008

A Big Surprise...for some

When Matt and I met and became serious enough to discuss children we talked about having two. I am from a family of two kids and though Matt comes from three, he said he'd be happy with two.
So we had Sam, then Arlo and I felt very happy with my two boys.
When my mom was really sick and Arlo was about 3 weeks old, she told me that if anywhere in my body I felt I wanted  a third, we should. She said that she'd always wanted a third and had always regretted not having another one.
When Arlo was about 4 months old I started feeling like I wasn't done having babies and since then, it has been an ongoing discussion, here and there......until now.

On July 5th I discovered that I am pregnant! 

6 weeks along and up until this morning I have been extremely ill. This morning sickness has been worse than the other two with me not being able to keep down even water until about 3 p.m. when I feel much better. The weather hasn't helped with temps in the 100's and humidity really up there....
I called our family doctor and she prescribed me Zofran, an anti-nausea medication and it is working! For the first morning in 5 I haven't puked and I don't feel like I am bouncing on a boat across an open sea! Sometimes I am SO thankful for drug companies. I now feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

And so this was a huge surprise to me as we weren't trying, but a few of our friends have said that they aren't surprised at all...
At any rate, we are embarking on another life changing adventure...and we're happy!

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Congratulations! Here's to a happy healthy 9 months!

Anonymous said...

And while My Three Sons is a delightful scenario, I will wish for you a daughter. Think of those little girl knits! Either way, I will wish for you a healthy wonderful baby.

karen said...

so excited for you all! glad you're feeling better. my love to the four of you!

wildflour said...

I am soooo excited for you guys! I also wish for you a happy, healthy daughter. And I am really glad you found a way out of the nausea!!!
Our love to you all!

Queen of Scatterville said...

YAAAAHHHHH! Welcome to the 3 club! I'm so excited for you! You will be so busy knitting little baby things....so amazing about the drugs. I was always soooo sick with all of them, but it was worse with W. I felt car sicks all the time for at least four months., although 9 months of it with Tristan. I think that was work related stress working 50 hour work weeks.

Your 4th celebration looks fabulous.

karen said...

correction/addition....i meant to say, "to the FIVE of you"!

Gizella said...

I am really pleased for all of you...you are such a fantatic mother, and Matt is a great dad, not to mention how cool sam and arlo are. What a blessing to have such a family to be born into! I'm a little jealous too....not even 7 months into Veronica and I want another..Mazel Tov!

photomum said...

Congratulations!!! That is so wonderful! 3 is lovely ;).

Related Posts with Thumbnails