Thursday, August 21, 2008

11 Weeks

Today marks 11 weeks in the pregnancy. I am beginning to feel better more regularly and the bad days have become less than full days. I might feel really cruddy for part of a day, but I haven't had a whole nasty day in a while. I am still puking from time to time (like after our fancy anniversary dinner!), mostly I feel pretty good. As long I get to bed before 9 p.m. and take the Zofran regularly, I do alright.

Friends keep saying to me that "girls steal their mother's beauty"...and I think they say this to cheer me up!! Though I am looking pretty grim these days and am definitely ready for the "glow" to set in! The hormones are doing a number on my skin this time, with pretty bad acne on my chest, back and neck. The photos below were taken yesterday. I think you can tell I am beginning to show already and I have finally opened my box of maternity clothes....ugh.

We met with a midwife on Saturday and she seemed very nice and competent, but there was something about our personalities that didn't feel right. Matt felt pretty uncomfortable around her and after a few days to mull over the meeting, I also felt like it wasn't a good fit. We did here the heartbeat and the placenta and of course, I cried!  We're going to keep looking into our other options for home births and keep plugging along through this first trimester. 

1 comment:

Gizella said...

ha ha i'm still trying to get out of my maternity clothes...I'm going on a short vacation to san diego...after that we're due to catch up huh?

Related Posts with Thumbnails