Wednesday, September 10, 2008

First Day

Today is a day of firsts...Sam's first day of school, Arlo's first day without a big brother around all day, and my first day with Sam gone all day. WOW! I simply can not believe this day has come.

This is the "All About Me" poster Sam and I had to make for school. It was his first homework assignment. I love the "hot dog train" and the trail-a-bike drawing he asked me to make. 
Sam and I worked on a quilt together for his nap time at school. He requested the quilt when we first learned that he would be taking a nap. The process started with us looking in my fabric stash. He found the red bug fabric ( I bought 8 years ago to make Matt boxers, never did...good thing) and then we found the red cotton (bought about 5 years ago and made Pat a table cloth). From there he told me he wanted his name on the front and we went to the fabric store. He chose the batik green and yellow fabric for the bug body and the shiny wing fabric. Over a week of nap times he would play in the sewing room while I sewed. He loved watching it all come together. Then he and I looked at fonts on the computer. He chose the "varsity" style because he said it looks like a baseball shirt!  We printed his name out and then cut out the letters in the fabric.  At his orientation last week we learned that the kids needed pillows as well and Sam requested a matching pillow...so, you see I used some scraps and it all looks pretty nice. He is very happy with it.

3 comments:

karen said...

i love the quilt and pillow! wow, what a big step...off to school! great pictures. hope you all do well with it, my friend!

Gizella said...

you are super mom if I've ever seen her

Tara said...

That quilt is adorable! I am way impressed. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails