Monday, May 30, 2011

Surprise. A business.

About 18 months ago I was asked to create a logo for a friend's business. I agreed and we bartered logo design for home cooked meals and she threw in a few gift cards. It turned out nice and I felt good about being creative beyond this blog.

A few months passed and another friend asked for help, then a business asked for an advertisement, then another friend asked for a logo, then a photo gig, then another logo, and most recently a wedding, cooperatively shot with a friend who has an established photography business.

A week ago I was asked to apply for an independent graphic design and photography contract job working with the MSU Jewish Studies program on a grant funded project about genealogy! Initially I thought the project was too big for me, but after speaking with one of the project coordinators, I decided to apply!

Low and behold, I decided (after much encouragement from Matt) to start a legitimate photography and graphic design business. It is a little scary, but mostly exciting.

The next step is registering my business with the county, a website, business cards.....

5 comments:

Tara said...

Awesome news! You are so creative and talented. :)

luke and pamela said...

i'm so, so excited for you! can't wait to see what you create!

Gizella said...

there is nothing you can't do! Congrats my friend!

Heather said...

And what an amazing experience the wedding was my friend!!! So very much looking forward to future endeavors together :) May the daydreams become a reality some day soon!!!

Jocelyn said...

That is so wonderful!! I can tell you from experience that it is the hardest and most rewarding professional experience. I hope I'll have the chance to work with you. Congratulations!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails