Monday, July 24, 2006

20 Weeks



Finally, for those of you who have been wanting a belly shot...here it is!! I finally figured out my image upload problems...so you can also see an ultrasound image in "IT'S A BOY!". I am at 20 weeks in this photo and looking pretty cute...I think! I certainly haven't been feeling cute all of the time, but every now and then I do.
We have chosen a name....Arlo! I think it is final. It seems weird to still have 4+ months before he arrives and we know his gender and have a name...but, I like it this way...this time. I am glad we waited with Sam. We still can't decide on a middle name...maybe that will be the surprise...or maybe we'll all be surprised and an Isabel will pop out!
He moves a lot and I started having Braxton Hicks contrctions last week while travelling. They seem to be very frequent and strong if I am too active (like carrying a 32 lb. boy in a sling all day while travelling around airports). Over the last few days I haven't had as many.
We meet with the midwife again next Monday and we have found a doula! Her name is Sara and she is completing her needed birth hours for certification, so she isn't charging us anything. She is a good friend of mine and friend of other women I know and trust AND she has worked with our midwife... as well as had our midwofe catch both of her girls. She is also a certified massage therapist! BONUS! She's good too...having a 90 minute prenatal rub from her a month a go, I can atest.
I promise to be better about posting now that my image issues are over...I love having the visual aspect.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails