Thursday, August 31, 2006

Perks of the Job

Along with the time away from Sam and the non-mommy socialization I am getting with this market job...there are some great perks!
  1. A laptop computer that is Wi-Fi compatible. I have been using it at home and it is so nice to be able to get little things done while Sam is in the living room playing or outside where I can see him. I no longer have to wait until nap time!

  2. Lots of free organic veggies and fruit. I don't even need to elaborate!

  3. A cute business card...

  4. A market cell phone...though I have my own and it almost never rings (thank goodness), it is nice to have the option to make long distance calls on the market dime instead of mine.

  5. Radio time! Yes, I did a radio spot on Tuesday afternoon. It will be a weekly event...granted, it was AM radio and it lasted only 5 minutes...but nontheless, it was radio!

  6. The proud title of Market Coordiantor for the "most progressive farmer's market in the nation", according to Columbia University. (which Columbia Univ., I am not sure...heh)

Anyway, I am really enjoying the job and I didn't even realize how much I needed something outside of the home and my mommy circle. I have been floating on clouds the last week. I feel so much more fullfilled...and I still get to be at home with Sam! I am such a lucky gal!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails