Saturday, June 16, 2007

The Impact of a Birthday

Yesterday afternoon the boys and I spent all afternoon at home. We hadn't spent much time at home up to this point, so it was very nice. I could tell Sam needed the time at home because he played very well all by himself. He drew a fantastic family portrait; very creative and sort of 3-D! At one point he was pretending to get ready for a birthday party. He stood at his new work bench and wrapped his wooden food, wooden screws and bolts and building parts in kitchen towels. He then put on his construction hat and wandered around the house saying, "Mommy, Mommy!" When he found me he held my "present" out to me and said, "Happy Birthday, Mommy! Open your present!" So I would open the present and ooooh and ahhhh and we played this game for an hour or so. He also gave presents to Arlo and Cyrus. It was such a sweet way to see the impact of his birthday celebrations. I saw how important it is to celebrate a person.

I am looking forward to celebrating Matt this weekend. He really deserves it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails