Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Together



I realized last night, while looking at past posts, that I have not really written about Sam and Arlo as brothers. Up until a couple months ago, Arlo wasn't incredibly interactive so it is only lately that I am really beginning to see a relationship develop. The photos above represent interactions the two of them have a few times throughout the day.

Sam is a very good big brother and has yet to demonstrate any feelings of resentment toward Arlo. He'll get a little jealous sometimes and need to cuddle with mommy after I nurse or while I am nursing, but mostly he is a very patient and considerate brother.

Arlo really loves being around Sam. He watches him at his every move and loves it when Sam interacts with him. This afternoon Sam and Arlo played with our matchbox cars for a long time. Sam drove them around and parked them in neat little rows and Arlo reached and grabbed for the cars, chewed on them and laughed at Sam when the cars would have silly antics.

Arlo is just now strong enough in his sitting that I let the boys the baths together. Sam really loves having Arlo in the bath and wants to wash him and dump water on his head...etc. Arlo just sits there and takes it all in, splashes and laughs at Sam.

Sam is really good about helping me with Arlo when he is sad or frustrated. He'll give him toys or make silly faces at him and Arlo almost always cheers up. I am very excited to watch them grow and change and evolve into close friends and strong brothers.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails