Monday, March 2, 2009

Back In and Still In

We've officially moved back in to our house! The move on the 21st went very well, nice and smooth with lots of help from friends and loved ones. My Dad arrived around noon and helped get beds set up and boxes moved around. The furniture was delivered without a hitch and now, a bit over a week later, we are feeling mostly settled. We have living spaces cleared and many boxes unpacked...enough to feel comfortable for now.
A few photos are below. I think they are mostly self explanatory, though I have to say that the bunk beds are Sam's and he is VERY proud! Our first night in the house he was in PJ's by 6 p.m. all ready for bed and LOVES sleeping on the top bunk! Arlo likes his bed as well and other a night or two of fit-full sleep, they have adjusted amazingly.


Today is my mother's birthday and she would have been 60 years old. I thought it would have been nice if Otis arrived today, but so far there are no signs that he will! He is still in! From the photos above I am sure you can see that the birthing space in the bedroom is all ready, the baby room is ready (minus a crib, which will arrive any day) and we have officially begun the "waiting for baby" game. I even finished the blanket I started for him a month ago (you can see it draped over the back of the rocker in our bedroom).
We'll certainly keep you posted and if there are any images you are missing let me know and I'll try to get some more detailed photos up here.

9 comments:

Queen of Scatterville said...

Wow the house looks great! How exciting, just waiting for Otis. I'm sure he will come when he knows your all at peace and ready. :)
My kids will be jealous of the bunkbeds! Your house looks so cozy, can I drop by for some tea and knitting?

Kerry said...

The house looks absolutely wonderful! I hope the new baby comes soon and messes it up royally! (Insert cheesy grin here)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Amanda, it's gorgeous! It's so homey and elegant - makes me want to curl up in a corner and take a nap. Great chatting with you this morning, and I hope to do it again soon. If you and Daisy Mae (the last of our ewes to lamb) go on the same day, we'll name one of them Otis (even if they're both girls)!

Anonymous said...

What a warm and inviting home you've created. I agree with Kerry...new baby mess is a wonderful thing. :)

Gizella said...

oooooooooooooooootttttiiisss!I am so glad he waited until you were at this amazing home. I hope we can see it someday...love to you all

Kristen said...

Wow... It's amazing! I am so happy that you are home again!

Unknown said...

your house looks beautiful! i know the waiting for baby game is tough...hang in there! i can't wait to hear the birth story!

laura

karen said...

OH! Your house looks great! I'm so happy you are back in. It is great to see photos and be able to picture all of you there. Looking forward to a photo of Otis, too!

Anonymous said...

I love your house! The colors are so wonderful and the space as everyone said is fantastic. I'm not a mom - so the idea of having a baby at home, in a new room sounds scary and messy. Yikes! I so admire your courage!

Related Posts with Thumbnails