Saturday, July 10, 2010

First Pick of the Season

On June 28th the boys and I wandered up to play with the chickens and realized that the berries were on!!
Everything seems to be ready a bit earlier this year and I remembered our wild black raspberries ready for picking around July 4th of last year.
So, to find them round and black and juicy and ready for our mouths made us all very happy!

I managed to pick a quart in between my and Otis' samplings (he was on my back and I would pass two or three back to him as I picked). Sam and Arlo each carried a berry basket, but at the end the baskets were empty and the only evidence of any berry picking was on their faces and hands!


After we had picked our fill, we played in the garden and I set Otis down. He hadn't had enough berries and wanted more. I gave him a small handful and then watched as he kept them in his hand for a bit before eating them. Enjoy this series of shots...a true summer experience and an afternoon I will never forget!



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

luke and pamela said...

i lOVE these photos! so beautiful. and so summer.

Heather said...

gorgeous. the boys and the berries.

Related Posts with Thumbnails