Sunday, August 29, 2010

CRAZY!!!

Let's just say that this summer has been CRAZY!!!!! I can not believe that Sam starts school in one week, Arlo in two weeks and I feel like my head is about to spin off!

Just to give you some idea of what has been going on.....in the last month we have (in no specific order):

:: Traveled to Pentwater on Lake Michigan.
:: Hosted visitors from Korea.
:: Hosted family from 2 parts of the country.
:: Moved my sister into her new house!
:: Traveled back from Pentwater and attended a talk that Matt gave at a composting farm. We saw a large scale vermaculture compost with worms (very cool).
:: Matt and I had a weekend away to celebrate our 10th anniversary.
:: Saw family off and had one quiet evening....before we...

...spent the last two days butchering and processing 12 chickens from the broiler hens we raised this summer!! That is a lot of chicken to process in a short period of time! We ate vegetarian last night.
Oh, and Pat and I canned 12 quarts of tomatoes, too.
We also harvested black beans and I am making ketchup as I write!

Anyway, I have loads of photos to share and now that we are actually home and will be on a regular basis...I may get to posting them....stay with me folks...

2 comments:

Heather said...

Amanda, the regular routine that the fall can bring might bring some solace to your hectic house. I wish this for you. Hang in there...some quiet afternoons with Arlo and Sam at school and Otis napping are ahead of you...

Gizella said...

i love fall. But also, did you know that MY BIRTHDAY is also Sept 1st? DUDE how could i not know this about you? How about this: sometimes I am insanely jealous of your 3 boys and farmfilled life. srsly!

Related Posts with Thumbnails