Saturday, August 20, 2005

Anniversary

Today is Matt's and my 5th wedding anniversary. It is strange to imagine what we were doing 5 years ago...and all of it childless! We have had a nice day...all day! I packed a picnic lunch and Matt, our friend Michel and Sam and I met at the new house and had lunch on the floor in the new dining room! It was fun. I bought Sam a used Radio Flyer wagon at a yard sale and I pulled him around the yard in it...he LOVES it! The afternoon went fast as Sam and I spent it in Home Depot buying paint and such...spending lots of money getting ready to make our house a home. Matt gave me a beautiful sapphire and diamond ring! What an amazing husband giving me such a lavish gift. I love it! I gave Matt 2 tickets to see Leo Kottke (his favorite guitarist) perform in Seattle in October. It is a weekend free of babes and wives! What a gift, huh? He is excited and I am glad he likes it! He deserves a weekend like that. Sam spent the evening with our neighbor, Cindy, while Matt and I had a nice dinner and spent some amazing time together without Sam! We even bought a small used truck! It was so fun driving it and bargaining with the seller! What a great way to celebrate 5 happy years as a married couple. When we got home, after 5 hours gone, Sam squealed with joy, nursed, rolled over and went to sleep! You really can't beat that!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails