Thursday, December 29, 2005

Christmas and Thoughts on the Season

Well our Christmas here in Wenatchee was quite fun with Matt's brother visiting and lots of family time. Sam completely enjoyed Christmas day with the gifts and the new toys and I know he loved just having everyone here playing with him all day long! We gave Sam a train table and accessories as his gift and he loved it...(see photos below).

The train table after we set it up on Christmas Eve.


The train table minutes after Sam discovered his new toy on Christmas Day.


As you can see the little village of "Garage Town" was hit by the toddler whirlwind known around our house as Sam and sometimes, "Chipi". What fun we still have with this toy.


So I was driving to the YMCA this morning for my workout and was quite taken by the music we were listening to. I missed the turn and ended up on a street I don't normally drive on. It was in the part of town where most of the Mexican population lives and many of the lower income families. Some of the houses looked so decrepit and sad. I thought as I drove I might feel better about what I have (not that I am feeling bad about it) and appreciate it that much more after seeing these homes...but I just felt overwhelmingly sad for the families that lived there. I watched a young girl play in her lawn with her puppy in front of what looked like a building that could crumbled with the slightest of breeze. She seemed happy and it just goes to show that a house doesn't make a person. I also saw many signs celebrating the season. One sign was a large piece of pressboard with the words, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!" painted in white. Perspective.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails