Wednesday, August 16, 2006

New Things

Yes, as mentioned in my last post, there were many new things in and happening at my house when I returned from my trip. Some new items, new looking things and new behaviours!

Tonight was a first in bedtime history! I read Sam two books, sang him two songs, kissed him goodnight and left the room with him AWAKE...and not a peep from him!! He just went to sleep on his own. Absolutely amazing for me! I knew that Matt's mom had achieved this while I was gone, but I was not sure that he would do the same for me. I am so happy that we have reached this milestone! Thanks Pat!



Now, for the new things!





This is the deck with our amazing view from the backyard.




Here is a close up of the deck. I tried to find a before picture, but couldn't...so just imagine a pale gray, weathered deck! Much improvement!



My new laundry line. I love it!



These are the brick steps that Matt's dad built for us during a previous visit. It is pretty bare around them now, but try to imagine nice flowers and greenery around them!



We had a volunteer pumpkin plant grow from the compost. We have about six pumpkins this size and more to come. I am so excited!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails