Saturday, May 12, 2007

Images of Michigan


Michigan has the ethereal feel that Maine has at certain times of the year. The moisture that saturates everything creates an amazing light that the dry, desert-like climate of Wenatchee just doesn't have. I had forgotten how much I love that light. I am really going to like Michigan.

There is definitely a Midwestern feel to the landscape. Gentle rolling hills and old barns, curving roads that lead to fields of agricultural growth.


I loved driving the country roads with Matt and the boys sleeping in the backseat. It was the first real peace I have felt in a long time.

I do hope we can find our house in the country. The more I think about living and raising the kids, the more I want it. I know Matt feels the same and I think we can find what we're looking for in Michigan. It feels like we are finally going to be in that place we've been wanting for nearly ten years.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails