Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Relations

On Saturday my Dad, Arlo and I drove most of the Cascade Loop Highway in Northwest Washington. It was one of the most amazing 10 hours drives I have been on. I dropped him at the airport around 8:30 p.m. with a hurried goodbye so as to not wake sleeping Arlo in th back. Sunday I spent with my dear friends Doug and Amy and I gave Amy a mother blessing ceremony (more later on that...)

I have been missing my Dad a lot and thus thinking of and missing my mom a lot, too. This morning I stood in my kitchen with Arlo sleeping and Sam at preschool and thought about my parents when they were my age. I imagined them in great love with one another. I thought about my mom being pregnant with me and then with my sister and I understood the love she felt for us in the days before our births and in the time after.

As I listened to "Sweet Melissa" by the Allman Bros., I tried to imagine my parents listening to it in a car on country road somewhere near our house in Maine and thinking it would be a good name for a daughter. Melissa was to be my name until they heard my name. Sweet story. I've always loved that song, even more so after hearing the story.

And an update:
  • I have some great photographs to share as soon as I have time to get them ready...soon.
  • Arlo is now crawling on all fours EVERYWHERE! He also pulls to standing and will take a few steps if he is so inclined. He loves playing on/with Matt's guitar cases!
  • Sam is still talking up a storm and repeating EVERYTHING! A soft, "Oh, Dammit", slipped from my mouth yesterday and Sam didn't let it slip away! Same intonation and tone, just Sam sized, "oh, dammit".
  • No offers on the house yet. We're bummed but I honestly feel too nervous and anxious about actually moving to worry. We'll sell it, we just won't get our original asking price. It is just money, anyway, right?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails