Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Michigans

After almost 3 full days here, I guess we're Michigans! Yikes. Actually it feels really good to be here...and a little like I am on vacation and playing house. Surreal.

We're all adjusting well, but definitely adjusting. I thought the first few nights went too well...we were all so exhausted there was no time to show any emotion. Now after a few nights, the boys are surely feeling it and so am I. The time zone difference and new environment is making for rough bedtimes. Sam is scared to go to sleep on his own and I know we need to honor it. So we've been doing all that we can to help him feel safe as he falls asleep. Once he's down, he's out for the night, but the going down has been rough. I know it will get better with time. I am thankful Matt is here is to help and doesn't have to get up to go to work in the mornings.

We went on a sweet walk in the woods today and it was a great introduction to Michigan. Fall is showing it's face and the air is cool and crisp and the leaves are just beginning to change. The house is slowly beginning to look like a home, though temporary with most of our belongings still in boxes in the basement...and they will remain there until the final move.

We've been doing some exploring by car and looking for any houses on the market that might interest us. It has been fun.

So, there you have it. A Michigan. I think we'll really enjoy living here once we settle in....however long that will take.

1 comment:

Queen of Scatterville said...

This is so hard on kids. We moved almost exactly 2 months ago and although K and W are in the same room together it has taken them all this time to get comfortable falling asleep. I still have to lay down with W to help him fall asleep. (he's my baby and has always done this!) But K was asking me to come over to her bed when he was asleep and help her go to sleep too. She's almost 8! Now she lets me to though after a quick hug and kiss. So hang in there. Honoring them is the best.

Related Posts with Thumbnails