Tuesday, July 29, 2008

What is this kid Doing to me?

Ugh, it has been a roller coaster with how I am feeling. The way I felt in the last post held true for a couple days, then the exhaustion set in and I had to sleep during the day. Now a day doesn't pass where I don't nap, er, rather can't get by without napping and the nausea is spotty.
Some days I do ok and have very little and other days, like today, it hits me in big waves along with heartburn and I am just wiped out.
Two of my dear girlfriends came over today to help me. Our kids ran around and played, I lounged on the couch trying not to puke and my mama friends folded laundry, and cleaned my kitchen! In my world of morning sickness, it really does take a village to raise a child (and care for a mama).
I am so thankful for my friends.
Matt's parents have also offered to pay for a house cleaner to come once a week and we've taken them up! I called a woman I happen to know who does excellent work for reasonable prices and she starts on Friday! Yeah, clean bathrooms are around the corner.
I just woke from an hour nap, had a snack and am ready to snooze for a little bit longer...at least until Arlo wakes up from his nap, then I am back on duty.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I am so glad that you are finding help. Lord knows that I am forever in debt to all my mama friends that have been helping this past month. Take everybody up on everything... they love you and want to help. I wish I could help. Let me know if I can do anything from afar.

photomum said...

It sounds like you are getting some awesome help! If you need any more, please let me know. Listen to your friend Kristen and take me up on it ;). Let me know if there is anything I can do.

karen said...

i remember that incredible exhaustion i felt with my pregnancy...i feel for you! somebody who hadn't had the major exhaustion said "just wait until AFTER the baby is born..." it made me cry. oh, i'm so glad you have good friends there, too. and thankfully somebody soon to clean! HOORAY for that! hang in there.

Gizella said...

i wish I could help from here...let me know if I can in some way. I heard from my godmother's dad, ad obgyn that the sicker you are the better the pregnancy? That may be just some hogwash to make you feel better. Big hugs from, I cannot wait to meet this feisty (er) one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails