Sunday, May 27, 2007

This Week...

Oh, what a week it has been. Monday came with amazing weather, of which, of course, I used as a sign to get more yard work done. I worked my butt off and was so sore by the end of the day. Sam and Arlo were great kiddos helping me in one way or another throughout the day. It felt so good to accomplish as much as I did. My friend Sarah came by that evening and gave me a DEEP tissue massage. I meet with Sarah once a month or so to work on my asthma and she has never done a massage this deep. It felt great and after I thought I was walking on air!
The next afternoon I began feeling ill. I felt ill for the next 4 days off and on.
Tuesday Sam had school and I visited a friend recovering from an appendectomy; Wednesday an old pal from college, Z, came to visit and we watched the final American Idol...fun!
Thursday Z and I took the boys to Issaquah to the Cougar Mountain Zoo, then to Trader Joe's and then I dropped Z in Seattle. Sam and Arlo asleep, I was looking forward a nice quiet drive back to Wenatchee...until I started getting a headache. It grew and grew and by the time I arrived home (after 2 stops for gas and nursing), it had become a full blown migraine.
As I lay in bed with Arlo next to me chewing his foot and gurgling, I had this thought that maybe the massage released some toxins and my body was processing them...thus all the illness, headaches, etc. I called Sarah and sure enough, she agreed it was possible.
Our bodies are amazing!
By Friday afternoon I was feeling better and by the evening I felt very tired, but good.
Sam has been very needy this week with questions non-stop and intense feelings. He talked a lot about his birthday being over and how sad that made him feel. Then on Friday he was supposed to have a friend visit. At the last minute his friend didn't want to come play and Sam was incredibly disapointed. He cried and cried and was so sad about this big change in his afternoon. I felt so sad for him and his disappointment that I took him for an ice cream cone. He was beginning to feel better, then we visited a friend who has goats and Sam was well on his way to forgetting his sadness. By the time we returned home, I thought Sam was satiated. Within an hour he said to me, "My sad Jaadyn no play". It is so hard being a mommy.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails