Thursday, September 25, 2008

House Fire: Update

We met with our insurance adjuster and a fire restoration company on Monday and we learned a lot...some of it was good news and some of it was not so good news:

  • At the earliest they see us back in the house by February 1st.
  • The dollar amount of damage is LARGE! More than I had expected.
  • We lost 95% of the things on the second story. Some of the stored items in one of the bedrooms will likely be able to be restored. We all lost all of our clothes and shoes. Winter items were in closets on the main level, so they are ok.
  • There is extensive water damage on the main level, though the furniture should be able to be restored.
  • When we begin reconstructing the house the city will force us to get everything to code which is part of the reason it will take so long. However, when it is all done it will be so nice to not have to worry about those things anymore.
This first image was taken on Friday night, before the fire and the second image is of the same spot in Sam's room. The following images are from around house. They are fairly disturbing, so be warned. I only post them as a sort of closure for me and because so many of you have asked.



5 comments:

Tara said...

Oh sweetie (((HUGS))) I am just so glad that all of you are safe and sound. The losses are huge, but could be so much bigger. Thanks for updating us.

Anonymous said...

Oh Amanda...ditto Tara...I'm so glad you are all safe! Those pics are intense, so glad the boys were outside. Take care sister, we love you!

Gizella said...

what do you need? I have some wintery maternity clothes if you want? I could send them no problem...let me know. whew...so glad you are all okay.

Anonymous said...

Amanda - I feel for you guys so much! I am glad you're all OK, but I am bumbed about your stuff and the dammage to the house. I have to ask - how are Matt's guitars? What about the one he was building? (what is that status of that one anyway?) The musician in me wants to know.

Zondra

Anonymous said...

Amanda, I am SOO glad you all are OK! thanks for the photos, though they are horrible, I can only imagine what you must be going though. Please let us know if and where we can send food, clothes, etc if you need? Are you still in a hotel?
take good care, we are all sending you love!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails